For easy access to commonly used genomes, drag from the bottom list to the top one ·
- Plasmodium falciparum (Plasmodium falciparum 3D7)
- Dictyostelium discoideum (Dictyostelium discoideum)
- Phytophthora infestans (Phytophthora infestans T30-4)
- Leishmania major (Leishmania major strain Friedlin)
Other available species
- Albugo laibachii (Albugo laibachii)
- Entamoeba histolytica (Entamoeba histolytica)
- Giardia lamblia (Giardia lamblia)
- Guillardia theta (Guillardia theta CCMP2712)
- Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis (Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis)
- Phaeodactylum tricornutum (Phaeodactylum tricornutum CCAP 1055/1)
- Phytophthora ramorum (Phytophthora ramorum)
- Phytophthora sojae (Phytophthora sojae)
- Plasmodium berghei (Plasmodium berghei)
- Plasmodium chabaudi (Plasmodium chabaudi)
- Plasmodium knowlesi (Plasmodium knowlesi)
- Plasmodium vivax (Plasmodium vivax)
- Pythium ultimum (Pythium ultimum DAOM BR144)
- Tetrahymena thermophila (Tetrahymena thermophila)
- Thalassiosira pseudonana (Thalassiosira pseudonana CCMP1335)
- Toxoplasma gondii (Toxoplasma gondii ME49)
- Trypanosoma brucei (Trypanosoma brucei)
EMBL-EBI and Rothamsted Research have recently announced the release of the PhytoPath portal, a joint project bringing together Ensembl Genomes with PHI-base, a community-curated resource describing the role of genes in pathogenic infection. PhytoPath provides access to genomic and phentoypic data from fungal and oomycete plant pathogens, and has enabled a considerable increase in the coverage of phytopathogen genomes in Ensembl Fungi and Ensembl Protists.
PhytoPath contains the genomes of many devastating pathogens, including Phytophthora infestans, which brought on the Irish potato famine of the mid-19th Century and has re-emerged as an important biotic threat to global food security.
PhytoPath also provides enhanced searching of the PHI-base resource as well as the fungi and protists in Ensembl Genomes.
PhytoPath is funded by the BBSRC.
What's new in Release 18 (April 2013)
- Updated schema
- Added new species Guillardia theta.
- Whole genome DNA alignments updated for stramenopiles
- Update to cross-references for Pythium ultimum
- Updated BioMarts
Release 19 of Ensembl Genomes is scheduled for 2nd July 2013. Detailed notes for this can be found here.