For easy access to commonly used genomes, drag from the bottom list to the top one ·
- Plasmodium falciparum (Plasmodium falciparum 3D7)
- Dictyostelium discoideum (Dictyostelium discoideum)
- Phytophthora infestans (Phytophthora infestans T30-4)
- Leishmania major (Leishmania major strain Friedlin)
Other available species
- Albugo laibachii (Albugo laibachii)
- Bigelowiella natans (Bigelowiella natans CCMP2755)
- Emiliania huxleyi (Emiliania huxleyi CCMP1516)
- Entamoeba histolytica (Entamoeba histolytica)
- Giardia lamblia (Giardia lamblia)
- Guillardia theta CCMP2712 (Guillardia theta CCMP2712)
- Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis (Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis)
- Paramecium tetraurelia (Paramecium tetraurelia)
- Phaeodactylum tricornutum (Phaeodactylum tricornutum CCAP 1055/1)
- Phytophthora kernoviae (Phytophthora kernoviae 00238/432)
- Phytophthora lateralis (Phytophthora lateralis MPF4)
- Phytophthora parasitica (Phytophthora parasitica P1569)
- Phytophthora ramorum (Phytophthora ramorum)
- Phytophthora sojae (Phytophthora sojae)
- Plasmodium berghei (Plasmodium berghei)
- Plasmodium chabaudi (Plasmodium chabaudi)
- Plasmodium knowlesi (Plasmodium knowlesi)
- Plasmodium vivax (Plasmodium vivax)
- Pythium aphanidermatum (Pythium aphanidermatum DAOM BR444)
- Pythium arrhenomanes (Pythium arrhenomanes ATCC 12531)
- Pythium irregulare (Pythium irregulare DAOM BR486)
- Pythium iwayamai (Pythium iwayamai DAOM BR242034)
- Pythium ultimum (Pythium ultimum DAOM BR144)
- Pythium vexans (Pythium vexans DAOM BR484)
- Tetrahymena thermophila (Tetrahymena thermophila)
- Thalassiosira pseudonana (Thalassiosira pseudonana CCMP1335)
- Toxoplasma gondii (Toxoplasma gondii ME49)
- Trypanosoma brucei (Trypanosoma brucei)
Ensembl Genomes Downtime
All Ensembl Genomes web browsers will be unavailable for approximately 30 minutes at 10:00 GMT on Tuesday 3rd February 2015, to allow migration to new hardware. Sequence search will also be unavailable between 9.30 and 12.30 on the same day. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The public MySQL server (mysql-eg-publicsql.ebi.ac.uk) will also be down for essential maintenance on Friday 30th January 2015 at 10:00 GMT for no more than one hour.
Updated Phaeodactylum tricornutum genome
In collaboration with the Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris and the J. Craig Venter Institute, San Diego, we have re-annotated the genome of the marine diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. The new annotation was produced using 13,828 non-redundant ESTs, 42 libraries of RNA-Seq generated using Illumina technology and 49 libraries of RNA-Seq data generated under various iron conditions using SoLiD technology, as well as gene models previously predicted in this and related species. The new gene set contains a total of 12,089 protein coding genes, an increase from the 10,402 genes previously predicted. Models have been checked and corrected through a process of manual curation. The gene models have been analysed using InterProScan and Ensembl Compara and are available to explore in Ensembl Protists.
EMBL-EBI and Rothamsted Research have jointly released the PhytoPath portal, a joint project bringing together Ensembl Genomes with PHI-base, a community-curated resource describing the role of genes in pathogenic infection. PhytoPath provides access to genomic and phentoypic data from fungal and oomycete plant pathogens, and has enabled a considerable increase in the coverage of phytopathogen genomes in Ensembl Fungi and Ensembl Protists.
PhytoPath also provides enhanced searching of the PHI-base resource as well as the fungi and protists in Ensembl Genomes.
PhytoPath is funded by the BBSRC.